2012年10月25日星期四

The Trees are Not Bored

It may seem to you that I'm bored but I just can't take my eyes off the trees...

It's been a month since I arrived in Canada, a country of beautiful trees.

I usually go to the supermarket on foot and have walked past these trees many times. They've always been there. It's a pity they can't move, I thought.


Having lived here for a month, I'm finally free and don't need to force myself to remember the routes I've taken. Therefore, I look up and get to know more about these strangers I've always encountered.


The first tree is narcissistic. She is bald, yet she's wearing a blue hair ribbon. She is content with her appearance and just shows off whenever people walk by.



Some trees feel they're more important than any other species on Earth. They just don't like to talk with us humans. 














Some climbing plants want to scare us with their claws.


But look at their claws! They're either broken or nearly broken! I'm not frightened. It's only hilarious.

My supermarket's around the corner and it is today that I figure out why there isn't a traffic light here!




This police tree has been controlling the traffic here for long!















My shopping is goal-oriented and quick. It's time to return home.

















A tree is crying bitterly for help but cars have been ignoring him.


I walk closer to check what his problem is. Look! His problem is rather knotty.

There is a lovely tree who appears to be the happiest tree in town. He does not care where he is. He does not care if people are paying attention to him. He knows he is happy enough to be a tree.
Some plants are more outgoing. They ask me to look at their nails! What a surprise - we've just met each other!















Some plants are more suspicious. This security guard warns me to leave immediately as the place is "private property"! OK, I know and I am going. I never intend to stay here for ever!

What makes me mad is the guard talks about me with his wife when I'm leaving. Can you see their gossipy faces? 

Some trees are friendlier like the one below.



This tree is to welcome visitors, but I'm afraid some have been frightened away because of his untidy hair.

At the end of my trip, trees line up and bid me farewell. But I can see their cunning faces. Maybe they just want me to leave as soon as possible and not to spoil their fun.



OK, it's time to say bye. I really have had a great shopping time! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...